Your Consent to This Policy
By using our Sites, you are consenting to the collection, use, and transfer of your information, including Personal Information, as described in this Policy. If you do not consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information as described in this Policy, you may not use our Sites.
Where additional information is needed to explain our privacy practices on a certain Site, we will post a supplemental privacy notice at our Privacy Center. Particular pages of a Site may also contain supplemental privacy notices providing more details about the information we collect on those pages.
These additional notices are collectively referred to as “Privacy Notices” and are part of this Policy. Privacy Notices may advise you that different policies and practices apply to the information collected through those pages, in which case those different policies and practices will supersede this Policy.
This Policy May Change
We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy and any Privacy Notice, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version at our Privacy Center. If we modify this Policy or any Privacy Notice, the modifications will only apply to the information we collect after we have posted the revised version.
Information we collect and How We Use It
The information we learn from Users helps us personalize and continually improve your ShiftWizard experience. The categories of information we collect through our Sites are listed below. We generally use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Sites;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Sites;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide Feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our Sites;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and
- for security, fraud prevention purposes;
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your ShiftWizard experience, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses ShiftWizard content.
- Mobile: When you download or use our apps, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services or other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from ShiftWizard if your computer supports such capabilities.
Information about Third-party Cookies
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide personalized features.
How we Share the Information
Information about our Users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries ShiftWizard, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that ShiftWizard, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of ShiftWizard and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ShiftWizard, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from Users for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How We Protect Your Information
Although ShiftWizard cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of Personal Information, we take measures to prevent such occurrences. Our servers and databases are protected by firewalls and passwords. In addition, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt data as it travels between your computer and our servers. When you see a solid key or a locked padlock icon at the lower portion of your browser window, this indicates that your transmission will be protected by SSL technology.
A Note on Children’s Privacy
ShiftWizard does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen through our Sites. If you are under thirteen, please do not give us any information that identifies you personally. If you have reason to believe that your child has provided Personal Information to us through our Sites, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 866-828-3318, and we will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from our databases
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you register, login, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you register for a new account on myShiftWizard.com. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and or phone numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources might include any time and attendance data feeds from your hospital/employer (our customer) which might include updated demographics and address information, which we use to correct our records to more easily match your shift-related schedules.
Retention of Personal Information
ShiftWizard retains the Personal Information collected on our Sites as long as necessary to provide the services, products, and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
This Policy shall be governed under the laws of the State of North Carolina, United States of America, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
Definitions. The terms “ShiftWizard,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer collectively to ShiftWizard Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiaries.
The term “Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us.
If you have questions or comments regarding ShiftWizard’s Privacy Notice, please contact us:
Privacy Officer at ShiftWizard
909 Aviation Pkwy, Suite #700, Morrisville, NC, 27650, USA
+1 (866) 828-3318